My friends have asked me countless times saying “Yvonne, are you not bored staying in that room alone?”. Truth is, sometimes (on very rare occasions) I’m bored but it happens only when I’m itching to talk to someone and there’s no one to talk to. Thank God for social media; it has helped me kill the boredom. I check through Linda Ikeji’s blog almost everyday for some news update too. I’ve also got books to read too; so when I’m back to my room, I get a book to read either hard or soft copy (Although I find it hard to read on my phone).
Sometimes, I talk to myself. I voice my thoughts to myself and I get to think alot these days. I dive into sections of my mind and write some of my thoughts down too. I think about so many things that I cannot resist not talking aloud to myself.
Anyways, I noticed that I get too hungry quickly these days. Maybe because I’m just here alone (I’m wondering). There was a day I had to eat @ 12am and for goodness sake I already had dinner. I don’t know what could be the cause of this unusual hunger.
I get to take a lot of selfies these days especially in the morning or at night. Sometimes, I ask a lady in the compound to help me with pictures.
The lady helped with this photo.
I’m always the first or second person to arrive @ work because I leave home pretty early.
Sometimes, I play a game on my phone.
I’m kind of having a great time with myself here. I do anything I chose to do at the time I want to do them. I’ve watched some old movies on my phone over and over again (I need new ones). I’m trying to get back my love for writing too (poetry is getting back to life for me)
Staying alone helps you spend enough time with yourself and you end up getting to know yourself better. You can meditate quietly and structure your mind to the things you want to do.
NYSC brought this phase to me… And I’m glad.
Here are a few things you can do when you stay alone:
1. You get to deal with procrastination. Do the things you’ve always wanted to do. Your determination and self discipline helps too.
2. Take a very long bath with your music player on. Lol
3. Become accountable to how you feed and how much you spend. You try out new recipes and wash your plates when ever you feel like.
4. Do alot of stargazing. I do too.
5. You get to challenge your self. Do the things you’ve never done and make mind blowing decisions.
6. Maybe start to blog about the things that excites you or share your views by writing on different topics.
There are so many others. Tell me a few things you love to do when you are alone.